Friday, October 14, 2011

Desert Face Paint


As I journeyed across the eastern Utah desert, it was the most fantastic sunsets over the red rocks and vast sun kissed landscapes that inspired my face color palette for Fall '11



1. Eyes/Sky at dusk - Lavera Mascara 2 in Blue:


Lavera Mascara 2 Blue, Target $18.99

To this day I can still remember my third grade substitute teacher, Mrs. Rich. I always thought she was so elegant and classy always done up and dressed in sophistication. She always smelled pretty and she always wore a different color mascara. At the time, I was eight and this was perplexing to me. I didn't understand mascara and that it could possibly come in multiple colors was way avant garde, but I was mesmerized by her eyelashes during class. Particularly when she wore her blue mascara...  Fast forward twenty-five years later and I don't see myself wearing brilliant blue mascara anytime soon. However, I do L-O-V-E Lavera Volume Mascara #2 (blue). It is a midnight blue, but the ultra violet hues it radiates brightens my dark brown eyes and that is truly, truly, truly outrageous!  The brand, Lavera is from Germany and the mascara is infused with nourishing extracts of Organic Jojoba & Wild Rose Oils, so it brushes on nice and smooth not at all clumpy or flaky. It's very light and pure so that it washes off with just a little bit of cleanser.
  
Nars Blush Orgasm and Illuminator, Neiman Marcus $27-$29




2. Cheeks/Sunset glow - Nars Orgasm Blush & Illuminator:

This is the most gorgeous product you can put on your face. Complements all skin tones, by enhancing your radiance. This adds a boost to your beautiful bust!

Lightly layer the blush on your cheekbone and dab the illuminator to your most prominent features such as brow, bridge of nose, anywhere you naturally tan from the sun and it gives you an instant dewy look. So orgasmic!










3. Lips/Utah Red Rocks - Yves Saint Laurent, Rouge Pur Couture, Pure Color Lipstick SPF 15, #13 Le Orange:



YSL, Rouge Pur Couture, Pure Color Lipstick #13 Le Orange
Neiman Marcus, $30 

There's a fabulous reason why beauty editors everywhere love YSL Rouge Pur Couture. Actually, a few. It comes in gorgeous colors, it glides on smoothly and evenly, and it stays on without smearing or feathering. Does everything a lipstick should do. I first spotted this orangey red on Kourtney Kardashian's lips and I tried to track it down for weeks, like a mad stalker. When I finally discovered it, I went directly to Neiman Marcus where I purchased the very last tube in stock. This baby keeps flying off the shelves. WOW!



Go see the desert...

xo, Ciao Bella

1 comment:

  1. That Lavera mascara sounds like a Dream.... dream, dream, dream...

    ReplyDelete