Thursday, August 25, 2011

Top 3 Places I Want to Eat at Right Now





I love food. Not Only do I love food, but I love creating, weaving and spinning this whole atmosphere around food. I'm not sure at what point I became the cliche, but I've become one neurotic, ravenous, insatiable, food snob..."Foodie"... and I'm hungry all of the time. To satiate this disproportionately obscene appetite, I surf the net, for places to eat. I'm basically just stalking different restaurants, but also learning more about the people behind the food. I love knowing where my food comes from. 

So without further ado. Here's my Top 3 Places I Want to Eat at Right Now!

#1. Pure Food and Wine


Pure Food and Wine - One Lucky Duck
http://www.purefoodandwine.com/
Located at 54 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003
Co-founded by Sarma Melngailis, also co-executive chef, and then executive chef.

This place is a divine raw food and vegan restaurant, prepared entirely by plant based ingredients with care to preserve the vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The ingredients are described by Forbes magazine as being, "turned into exquisite and exotically delicious offerings". Even the wine is mindfully selected serving simply sustainably, organic and biodynamic wines as well as seasonal sake cocktails. This place actually has sake on tap! The water served and used to cook with is specially purified through the Tensui water filtration system. Eat Raw Live Long!

#2 Talula's Garden
Talula's Garden
Located at 210 West Washington Square, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Owned by Aimee Olexy with Stephen Starr as collaborator

I'm so stoked about eating at this place that my mouth salivates just looking at their website! I really love eating a meal that's so fresh that it seems that the cook just hand picked the ingredients straight from the garden out back, just moments prior to my arrival. That's why this place is so special, because they do just that... only it's not literally their back yard, but more like local farms and distributors (ie.Three Springs Orchard, Culton Organics, Lancaster Farm Fresh, A. Buzby, Willow Hill, Linden Dale, Birchrun Hills Farm,I guess I'm a farm girl at heart, because I love me some farm fresh cooking! I also love me some cheese and they have an f-i-n-e selection of cheeses from all over. Also serving organic, biodynamic, vegan, and earth conscious wine. Don't you love it? The chef uses only seasonal ingredients, so if you're like me and you like to peruse the menu before you go, please keep mind that it changes periodically.
Pete’s Produce, HG Haskell, and The Challenge Program).


#3 Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
http://www.cafegratitude.com/
Located at various locations in CA

I guess I'll have to fly all the way to California to enjoy the 100% organic vegan menu at Cafe Gratitude. They actually have their very own farm in Vacaville, CA (Be Love Farm). Don't you just love it? They practice a sacred business of self sustainability, gratitude and love. I think it has such a beautiful philosophy behind it, why not eat it? And just like that... California, here I come.

This is straight from the menu:

Café Gratitude is our expression of a world of plenty. Our food and people are a celebration of our aliveness. We select the finest organic ingredients to honor the earth and ourselves, as we are one and the same. We support local farmers, sustainable agriculture, and environmentally friendly products. Our food is prepared with love. We invite you to step inside and enjoy being someone who chooses: loving your life, adoring yourself, accepting the world, being generous and grateful every day, and experiencing being provided for. Have fun and enjoy being nourished.
Welcome to Café Gratitude!
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." – Hippocrates

xo, Ciao Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment