Wednesday, August 24, 2011

September Book Club Selection: "Let's Take the Long Way Home"...


 ... And bring some tissue with you...

I felt my heart stirring as soon as I picked up this book off the library shelf. The thought about good friendships. The good friends that have brought grace, joy and laughter to your life. The friends that you can't bare to live without, because their entire being infuses your spirit. They add color and sprite to your days and it helps you to get by in life.

That's the kind of reading I did and did not expect from this book. Truth be told, I didn't know what to expect. I knew the story was about two friends who loved to walk their dogs together, both have a history of alcohol abuse, they forge a symbiotic bond and one dies of cancer. And the thought of THAT made the image of each one of my lady friends roll through my mind like a black and white classic photo in a slide show.


xo, Ciao Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment