Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm fine. Shaken, not stirred...


Today I experienced my first earthquake! And I knew instantly what it was, because I could feel it in my brain. Like a seasickness. My heart was pumping so fast that the excess blood rushed to my brain and my entire body flushed with fervid adrenaline. This happened as I lounged on the sofa, previewing my mega September issue of Vogue. The bell curve tremors from a 5.9 quake made my body thump and sway on the sofa like an ocean wave... the pictures on the wall and the lamps shook and the building bumped, creaked, shifted and swayed... I just sat there with the Vogue in my hands like a life preserver and when the subtle convulsions ended I continued skimming the Vogue as if nothing that big had just happened.


xo, Ciao Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment