Monday, August 15, 2011

What to Bring to a Hawaiian Themed Pig Roast

Dear Ciao Bella,

I'm attending a pig roast with a Hawaiian theme. What can I bring to the party and more importantly what should I wear?

Thanks,
Nancy

Aloha Nancy,

I don't know much about pig roasts, but for some reason I'm envisioning the "Lord of the Flies" with a twist of "Blue Lagoon". How chill!

The first thing I would bring would be a gift for the host and/or hostess. I'm thinking some orchids for the hostess and some Hawaiian coffee espresso beans for the host.

You might like to check and see if it's a potluck style party since they're roasting the pig. Perhaps you can bring a side like Tropical Fruit Kabobs with Rum Sauce or a refreshing snack or a dessert, like Watermelon chunks marinated in Malibu Coconut Rum or Spiked Coconut Pineapple Popsicles (can you tell, I love coconut... And rum). Obvi, for adults only B-)

As for what to wear... I know people like to go crazy with the Hawaiian theme, wearing fruit patterned shirts and lays, but this time try going a little more subdued. Wife beater, jeans and flip-flops with just a flower pin tucked in your hair. You'll feel comfortable, relaxed and ready to walk on hot coals!

Let's party!

Xo, Ciao Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment